Monday, May 31, 2010

SheaMoisture Shampoo & Conditioner

In February, I was walking through Target and stumbled upon SheaMoisture's Hair Products.  The price seemed reasonable for the ingredients listed and the packaging was very appealing.  I decided to purchase... 

The Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo

The Organic Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner


I am glad to say my $9.99+tax per item purchase wasn't a bad one!!  I love the feeling the shampoo leaves my hair and scalp with.  I doesn't completely strip my hair like most shampoos do.  It is Sulfate free so that is a definite plus for you natural product using ladies.  My only negative would be that the scent is VERY strong.  I have a very sensitive nose so yeah you know how that goes. 

The conditioner is pretty good too.  I use this as a pre-poo for my daughter's hair and it helps retain moisture on her VERY DRY 4a/ab hair.  I also am able to comb through my transitioning hair with easy after applying this conditioner.

Although, I wouldn't use this as a staple because I LOVE MY Elasta QP products, I do recommend this for everyone to at least try.  You're hair might love it just as my daughters does.


Happy Hair Grooming and Growing,

Nique

3 comments:

  1. This product is a winner!!! I'm 27 weeks into my transition and Shea Moisture is a absolute must have product for me. I use the conditioner as a rinse out and leave in. I'm not big chopping so I have a looonnnngggg transition ahead of me - at least 2 years - sighs... I was hesitant to transition at first. But one day - April 28th to be exact (I keep a journal) I looked in the mirror and fell in love with my naps! Its been a love affair every since. I've almost rear ended a few people because I was staring at my beautiful new growth in my rearview mirror :-/ My hair is a couple of inches past my shoulders and I want my natural hair to be at least that long before I cut off the remaining relaxer. I'm glad I found your blog, I'm saving you in my favorites ;)

    -Shan A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The conditioner as a leave-in? I will have to try that on my co-wash day. Thanks Shan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola, Me gustó tu blog,¿Está buscando shea Moisture shampoo en España - Compre acondicionador de humedad de karité en Luxciti Best Online Shopping Store. Disponemos de una amplia gama de productos y servicios para cuidar tu cabello rizado.

    ReplyDelete