Sunday, July 11, 2010

Having Breakage? Try this...

Recently, I have been suffering from severe breakage.  Every time I would finish washing and conditioning my hair, it would shed and break like crazy.  Even after it was dry, it was still breaking.  Well, last night I washed, deep conditioned and THOROUGHLY detangled my hair.  Boy-oh-boy did that do the trick.  I divided my hair into 4 equal sections, saturated my hair with Aussie 3 Minute Moist Deeeep Conditioner and combed with my shower comb.  From there I used my generic denman brush and thoroughly de-tangled each section then braided it.  I let the conditioner sit in my hair for a few minutes and then rinsed each section thoroughly.  I re-braided each section after rinsing.  I let my hair air dry for about 30 minutes then I applied my leave-in/oils.  When I combed the products through my hair, I didn't experience ANY breakage.  This is normally where I have the MOST breakage. 

Where was I going wrong before?
Well, I was NOT detangling properly.  I just ran the shower comb through my hair quickly and called it a day.  I now understand that the shower comb does not get all of the knot and tangles out of my hair.  My generic denman took it a step forward and made my hair that much more manageable.  Also, I want to add that Aussie's 3 Minute gives me EXCELLENT SLIP.  This can also be said for Herbal Essences Hello Hydration.


If you are experiencing excessive breakage and shedding, try detangling more thoroughly.  It might be the answer to the problem.  I wish I would have tried this before doing harsh protein treatments and things of that nature.

Products/Tools I used:





Thanks for reading!




Nique

No comments:

Post a Comment